Meridian Health Group is one of the market leaders in quality, cost-effective and accessible health care in Kenya and the East African region. At the heart of our corporate philosophy is a devotion to patient centred care and service excellence. We provide effective and efficient care in a safe and welcoming environment.
We seek to recruit competent and qualified individuals in the following capacities:
|Reports To||Nursing Operations Manager|
|Hospital||Location||Meridian Equator Hospital|
|Main Purpose of the Job- (Job Summary)
● Responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality services with special focus on surgeries to meet the needs of patients.
|● Provide efficient and effective perioperative nursing care to patients.
● Maintain surgical services in accordance with competency standards.
● Complete all physician orders, administer medications, and conduct treatments and tests for patients in a timely manner.
● Assist with patient care in the recovery room, procedure room and operating room.
● Develop and implement a nursing care plan for assigned patients.
● Execute proper use, care and handling of surgical equipment to ensure safety of operating staff and patients.
● Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of sterile techniques.
● Communicate continuously with the operating team and other medical staff to meet needs for patient care.
● Assist in ordering, storing and maintaining surgical equipment and supplies.
● Prepare an operating room with surgical equipment, sterile, linens and supplies that will be needed during surgery.
● Maintain order and cleanliness in the operating room.
● Prepare patients including cleaning and disinfecting body areas for surgery.
● Prepare timely and accurate records of patient history and recovery charts.
|Key Deliverables of this position|
|● Excellent patient experience and quality of care.|
|Academic & Professional Qualifications|
● 2 Years’ experience in a similar role
● Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya with a current license
|● Kenya Registered perioperative Certification
● Latest certification in BLS and ACLS is an added advantage
|Work experience and skills|
|● 2+ years experience in perioperative
|● Experience in endoscopy procedures, including Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP and Bronchoscopy
|● Excellent interpersonal, communication & customer care
● Ability to remain calm in emergency
● Possess phenomenal efficiency
● Attention to detail
● Strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
● Being compassionate
● Critical thinker and fast to act in emergencies.