Meridian Health Group is one of the market leaders in quality, cost-effective and accessible health care in Kenya and the East African region. At the heart of our corporate philosophy is a devotion to patient centred care and service excellence. We provide effective and efficient care in a safe and welcoming environment.
We seek to recruit competent and qualified individuals in the following capacities:
|Critical Care Unit Nurse||Function
|Reports To||Nursing Operations Manager|
|Hospital||Location||Meridian Equator Hospital|
|Main Purpose of the Job- (Job Summary)
● Provide round-the-clock care for premature and ill newborn infants.
● Administering care to newborn infants residing in the NICU, running various medical tests and providing support to families as needed.
● Work with newborn infants in critical care, along with supporting and providing information to parents and guardians.
|● Assessing patient’s condition and planning for their care
● Ensuring patient’s nursing needs such as physical, psychological and mental are attended to
● Providing advanced life support care
● Assisting physicians in carrying out medical procedures
● Monitoring, record and report changes in patient’s symptoms; maintain accurate reports on patients
● Ensuring ventilators, monitors and other equipment in the unit are working properly
● Receiving and discharging patients to and from the unit
● Administering intravenous fluids and medications
● Assist in carrying out diagnostic tests
● Responding to emergencies and life-threatening situations
● Maintaining safe and clean working environment by adhering to set standards and procedures
● Providing support and education to the patient’s families on various topics pertaining to health of the patient
|Key Deliverables of this position|
|● Excellent patient experience and quality of care.|
|Academic & Professional Qualifications|
● Have a higher Diploma in critical care
● Latest certification in BLS and ACLS is an added advantage
● Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya with a current license
|● Pediatric Nursing qualification from a recognized institution.|
|Work experience and skills|
|● Minimum of 3 years working experience with at least 2 years post qualification in Neonatal Critical Care
|● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
● Ability to remain calm in emergency
● Excellent interpersonal, communication & customer care
● Possess phenomenal efficiency