Meridian Health Group is one of the market leaders in quality, cost-effective and accessible health care in Kenya and the East African region. At the heart of our corporate philosophy is a devotion to patient centred care and service excellence. We provide effective and efficient care in a safe and welcoming environment.
We seek to recruit competent and qualified individuals in the following capacities:
|Reports To||Head of Clinical Services|
|Medical Centre||Location||Medical Centre|
|Main Purpose of the Job- (Job Summary)
● The individual will coordinate clinical care for all admitted patients at the hospital as part of a multi-disciplinary managed care process leading to desired patient care outcomes, high quality service and best practice standards.
|● Admit all patients referred either from other hospitals/clinics, private consultant doctors’ clinics or from the outpatient department.
● Provide outpatient care at the main hospital.
● Recommend admissions and referral of patients who require specialized care within the hospital, and where necessary externally.
● Inform the relevant doctors on call of admission of hospital patients, and immediately institute treatment.
● Conduct daily ward rounds with all admitting consultants, discuss patient progress and implement the treatment plan.
● Perform surgical procedures and follow all laboratory or radiological investigations to ensure that they are done in a timely manner.
● Inform the admitting consultant of the results or outcomes of such investigations and procedures, and note any additions to the patients’ treatment plan.
● Update the treatment plan for all patients in their electronic medical record on Kranium on a daily basis.
● Meet with the patients’ relatives/next of kin and explain the patients’ treatment plan and progress clearly and compassionately, and respond to any queries or concerns that may arise.
● Liaise with the admitting consultants on behalf of the relatives/next of kin to ensure all relevant information on patient care is communicated to both parties accurately and in a timely manner.
● Review emergency cases and lead resuscitations in the hospital.
● Prepare discharge summary reports for all patients and book reviews through the relevant specialist clinics.
● Prepare interim medical reports for patients as may be required by the payers.
● Keep abreast with developments in diagnostics and therapeutics in the market and advise the management accordingly
● Identify and prepare cases for discussion by the morbidity and mortality committee
● Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
|Academic & Professional Qualifications|
|● A Bachelor degree in Medicine (MBChB, MD) from a recognized institution of higher learning
● A valid license and certification from the Kenya Medical, Pharmacy & Dentists Practitioners Board
|Work experience and skills|
|● At least 2 years’ experience as a Medical Officer in a similar or larger healthcare institution.||● At least 1 year of managing a Clinic in a fast-paced environment.
|● Patient management skills.
● Ability to handle medical records discreetly
● Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to work as an effective team member.
● Exercise sound judgment and initiative
● Superb problem-solving skills.
● Honesty and integrity
● Excellent medical reporting skills.
|● Strong leadership qualities.
● Organizational, managerial and administrative abilities
● Ability to get on well with a diverse workforce
● Positive working attitude and ability to give and take instructions
● Ability to work with minimum supervision
● Creativity and innovation
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 11th November, 2022.
Due to urgency in filling the above positions, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.